If they’re not, though, it can take a long time to download your older photos to your iPhone, and then share them. It’s much quicker to download them from the cloud to your computer. To do this, open iCloud.com on your Mac, log in with your Apple ID (the same ID you use on your iPhone. Patiently wait for the Photos App to download all Photos from your iPhone to Mac. Transfer WhatsApp Photos From iPhone to PC Using iCloud Drive. If the Save Photos to camera roll option is disabled in WhatsApp, then you can still transfer the photos to your computer, however the process is a bit longer.
- Download Pictures From Iphone To Macbook Air
- Import Photos From Iphone To Windows 10
- Transfer Pictures From Iphone To Macbook Air
- Transfer Pictures From Iphone To Computer
- Download Pics From Iphone To Macbook
- Download Pictures From Phone To Computer
In order to make sure that you do not lose WhatsApp Photos, it is a good idea to make a backup of WhatsApp photos on your computer. You will find below the steps to Transfer WhatsApp Photos from iPhone to PC or Mac, without having to download any third-party software.
Transfer WhatsApp Photos From iPhone to PC or Mac
With WhatsApp allowing users to send free MMS messages, many people are now relying on WhatsApp to share photos with each other.
Over a period of time, an average WhatsApp user can end up accumulating thousands of important photos on WhatsApp, such as photos of family and friends.
Hence, it is a good idea to transfer WhatsApp Photos from iPhone to PC, in order to free up storage space on your iPhone and also to have a safe backup of your WhatsApp Photos on Computer.
Three Methods to Transfer WhatsApp Photos From iPhone to PC
By default, WhatsApp automatically saves all photos to the Camera Roll on your iPhone. In case, your iPhone is using this default setting, you can easily transfer WhatsApp Photos from iPhone to PC by plugging your iPhone to your PC or Mac using a USB cable.
However, this simple method of Transferring WhatsApp Photos From iPhone to PC does not work, in case you had stopped WhatsApp from saving photos to the Camera Roll on your iPhone or iPad.
In this case, you can still transfer WhatsApp photos From iPhone to PC, but the task becomes a bit more tedious, as you will have to transfer photos one Contact at a time.
Depending on your case, you can choose from any of the following three methods to Transfer WhatsApp Photos From iPhone to PC or Mac.
- Transfer Photos Using USB Cable: (Can only be done If WhatsApp Auto-Save Photos feature wasn’t turned off by you)
- Transfer Photos Through iCloud Drive: (Can Be Done Even if you Disabled WhatsApp Auto-Save Photos feature)
- Email Chat to Transfer Photos: (Can Be Done Even if you Disabled WhatsApp Auto-Save Photos feature)
1. Transfer WhatsApp Photos From iPhone to PC or Mac Using USB Cable
As mentioned earlier, this is the easiest method to transfer WhatsApp Photos from iPhone to PC, and this method can be used in case you have not disabled WhatsApp from Saving Photos to the Camera Roll on your iPhone.
In case you are not sure about whether or not WhatsApp is saving Photos to the Camera Roll on your iPhone, then open WhatsApp > tap on Settings icon > Chats tab > See if Save to Camera Roll option is toggled on.
If the option is toggled On, then you can proceed with the steps below, however if the option is toggled off, skip to the 2 other methods as provided below in this article.
Transfer WhatsApp Photos From iPhone to Windows PC
Follow the steps below to Transfer WhatsApp Photos From iPhone to Windows PC.
1. Connect your iPhone to Windows computer using lighting to USB cable.
2. Unlock your iPhone by entering your Lock Screen Passcode or using Touch/Face ID (your data will not show up on your computer if you do not unlock your phone)
3. Now, open up the File Explorer on your Windows PC and click on your iPhone from the left-side menu
4. Next, double click on the Internal Storage folder.
5. Now select all the folders that you see, and once the folders are selected, drag and drop the folders onto your desktop.
6. Wait for your Windows computer to finish transferring all the photos and once the transfer process has been completed, you can unplug your iPhone from your PC.
That’s it, all your WhatsApp photos along with any other photo in the Photos app has been downloaded onto your computer.
Transfer WhatsApp Photos From iPhone to Mac
Follow the steps below to Transfer WhatsApp Photos From iPhone to Mac.
1. Connect your iPhone to Mac using lighting to USB cable.
2. Unlock your iPhone by entering your Lock Screen Passcode or using Face/Touch ID
3. Next, open the Photos app on your Mac (in case it does not automatically open)
4. On the Photos App, click on your iPhone as it appears in the side menu under “Import” section (See image below)
5. Next, click on the Import All New Photos button located at the top right corner of your screen (See image below)
6. Patiently wait for the Photos App to download all Photos from your iPhone to Mac.
2. Transfer WhatsApp Photos From iPhone to PC Using iCloud Drive
If the Save Photos to camera roll option is disabled in WhatsApp, then you can still transfer the photos to your computer, however the process is a bit longer.
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and tap on the Chats tab, in case you are not already on the Chats screen.
2. On the Chats screen, Swipe left from the right on the Contact for which you want to transfer WhatsApp Photos From iPhone to PC (See image below)
3. From the slide-over menu that appears, tap on the More option (See image below)
4. On the pop-up menu that appears, tap on Export Chat
5. On the next pop-up, tap on Attach Media.
6. WhatsApp will now create a file to export, once WhatsApp has created a file you will be asked to select how you want to share this file. Choose Save to Files option (See image below).
7. Next, select iCloud Drive as the Folder you want to transfer the WhatsApp Chat to and then tap on Add from the top right corner of your screen.
8. In case there are more Contacts, you can repeat steps 2-7 for each Contact that you want to Transfer Photos from.
9. Once you have covered all your WhatsApp Contacts, visit icloud.com using your PC and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your iPhone.
10. On the next screen, click on iCloud Drive
11. Once you are in iCloud Drive, you will see all your WhatsApp chats as zip files. Simply, click on the zip files name in order to download the Folder to your computer.
The zip file will contain both your chat history and also all the photos shared between you and the Contact.
12. In case of multiple Contacts, click on all the zip files names and download them to your PC or Mac.
3. Transfer WhatsApp Photos From iPhone to PC or Mac Using Email
If you do not want to use iCloud Drive to transfer photos from iPhone to PC, then you can simply Email WhatsApp Chats to yourself.
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Once you are in WhatsApp, tap on the Chats tab from the bottom of your screen
3. On the Chats screen, Swipe left from right on the Contact for which you want to transfer WhatsApp Photos From iPhone to PC (See image below)
4. From the slide-over menu that appears, tap on the More option (See image below)
5. On the pop-up menu that appears, tap on Export Chat option.
6. On the next pop-up, tap on the Attach Media option.
7. After WhatsApp has finished creating a chat file to export, you will see another slide-up menu prompting you to select how you want to share the chat file. Tap on the Mail App option (See image below).
8. Once the Mail App opens, enter your own Email Address in the To Field, Type a subject, and then tap on Send from the top right corner of your screen (See image below)
9. On the next pop-up, tap on Use Mail Drop
10. Once the Mail is sent from your iPhone, open your PC or Mac, log into your Email Account and open the Email that you had just sent to yourself.
Note: If you cannot see the email there, then wait for a few minutes because the email (due to so many photos being attached to it) could take a long time to send.
11. Once you open the Email, click on the iCloud download icon located beside the Download Attachment heading (See image below)
All the WhatsApp photos for this specific Contact will be downloaded to your computer in a Folder, which will usually be titled “WhatsApp Chat – Contact Name”
Although, the methods to download WhatsApp Photos From iPhone to PC/Mac involve a number of steps, all the methods as described above are fairly easy to follow and you won’t be required to download any third party software.
Got some great pictures on your iPhone and want to transfer them to your Mac, so you can view them on the big screen or seriously edit them in iPhoto or Photoshop? If so, you're in the right place. Below we provide 4 ways to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac, so you can quickly and easily back up photos, recover lost photos deleted from your Mac, or edit your iPhone photos on Mac, etc.
- Solution 1. Copy Photos from iPhone to Mac via dr.fone (Best Option)
Solution 1: Transfer Photos from ANY iPhone to ANY Mac (Best Option)
Transferring photos from iPhone to Mac is easy. So many tools are available. Why dr.fone for Mac is the best option? The answer is very simple: it lets you get photos off your iPhone to any Mac without the risk of erasing the existing files on your iPhone. And it's able to copy any photo, including photos taken with your iPhone, synced from iTunes, downloaded from the Internet, and more from iPhone to Mac. Besides, it's the best iTunes companion, which helps to get songs and playlists directly from your iPhone to your iTunes Library without any duplicate - which iTunes can't do. Now, see how to use dr.fone to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac.
Note: dr.fone for Mac is kept updated all the time. Now the newest version fully supports MacOS Sierra and iOS 11, and the latest iPhone 8/X.
Sync Photo Library, Camera Roll or non Camera Roll Photos from iPhone to Mac
Step 1: Launch dr.fone
Install iPhone photos to Mac transfer. Connect iPhone with your Mac, and your iPhone information will be shown on the main interface.
Option 1: Backup All Photos from iPhone to Mac
You can see the option 'Backup Photos to Mac' option in the main windows. Click it, then all photos on your iPhone, including photos in Camera Roll, Photo Library, Photo Stream, and more will be saved to your Mac. In the newly popped up window, find a folder on your Mac to save these backed up photos.
Download Pictures From Iphone To Macbook Air
Option 2: Transfer Selected Photos from iPhone to Mac
Click the 'Photos' tab in the main window, then you can see that photo album or folder on your iPhone. Click to open the album or folder in the left sidebar, then you can select photos and click 'Export' to save them on your Mac.
Solution 2: Transfer 'Camera Roll' Photos to Mac with iPhoto (Photos Taken with iPhone)Step 1: Connect iPhone to Mac
After connecting your iPhone to your Mac. iPhoto will automatically launch and open to the Import window, listing your iPhone's images and videos under 'Camera Roll'.
Import Photos From Iphone To Windows 10
Note: With iPhoto, Preview or Image capture, you can only sync photos from your iPhone camera roll—in other words, only photos taken by your iPhone. If you want to sync all your Photo Library images, go to Solution 1.Step 2: Start Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac
Select the images you want to import into iPhoto, then select the 'Import Selected' option—or just drag the photos directly from the Camera Roll folder into iPhoto.
Solution 3: Transfer 'Camera Roll' Photos to Mac with PreviewStep 1: Connect iPhone to Mac
When you have connected your iPhone to your Mac, launch your Preview. Now go to the 'File' menu and choose 'Import from (your iPhone's name)...'Step 2: Select Photos and Start Transfer
Select your photos and click 'Import' or click 'Import All', choose the destination.
Solution 4: Transfer 'Camera Roll' Photos to Mac with Image CaptureStep 1: Select iPhone Photos
After connecting iPhone to Mac, open Image Capture application. When all photos load and are available, select the photos you want to import/delete. If you want to delete them all, simply hold command and 'a' and you'll see they will all be highlighted.
Transfer Pictures From Iphone To Macbook AirStep 2: Begin to Transfer iPhone Photos to Mac
When you select all the photos you want, click 'Import' to start the transfer. If you choose to import all of them then have them removed, click 'Import' and check the box that says 'delete after importing.
Part 5. What Makes dr.fone Outstanding on Transferring Photos from iPhone to Mac
|iPhone Photos||iPhoto||Preview||Image Capture|
Camera Roll PhotosPhotos taken with your iPhone
Photo Stream PhotosPhotos shared from other devices
Photo Library PhotosPhotos synced from your computer to your phone
Photo AlbumBuild photo albums on iPhone and transfer photo albums from iPhone to Mac
Part 6. Common Issues and Troubleshooting on iPhone Photos Transfer
Q: When importing iPhone photos, iPhoto locked up?
Transfer Pictures From Iphone To Computer
Quit iPhoto and launch it again. To do so, go to Apple menu > force quit.
Q: How to delete photos from iPhoto?
For deleting photos from an Event, select the photos and press Delete key. Then go to iPhoto > Empty iPhoto Trash. To delete photos from an album, select the photos and press 'Command+Options+Delete'. Then empty iPhoto trash like above.
Q: Cannot see photos in my Photo Stream?
First tap Settings on your phone to check whether the Wi-Fi is connected. Then go to Settings > iCloud > Photos to see whether Photo Stream is turned on. Make sure the Camera app on your phone is closed. And ensure your phone battery power is higher than 20%.
Q: How to transfer photos sent from others iPhone by message to Mac?
If the photos are sent via iMessage, the photos will be on your Mac iMessage. Or you can try to transfer photos to Photo Stream.
Q: iPhoto keep crashing on Mavericks/Yosemite?
Download Pics From Iphone To Macbook
If you have updated to Mavericks, you can try to reinstall iPhoto. Just press Command + R to boot into the Recovery Volume to repair permissions and the disk. Then reinstall iPhoto on your Mac.